Sunday, April 18, 2010

Springtime in My Garden

Now that spring is officially here, I am SO glad that I planted those 30 Tulip Bulbs on that balmy fall day! Sometimes I find it hard to get back out there once Summer has come to a close and all my gardening tools have been put away.  They have not quite opened but are all the way up and loaded with buds...I can't wait!!  My Woodland Garden bed is coming along nicely, with Bleeding hearts, Lilies and Irises making their appearance first.  My 10+ rose bushes are in bud as well as my Clematis and Honeysuckle vines. 

As I drive through the city I am noticing a beautiful Spring shrub currently in full bloom...Forsythia.  It is the very first Spring shrub to bloom and is currently holding centre stage with its profuse yellow blossoms.  I am going to add this shrub to my "must-haves" this year and keep an eye out for it once shrubs go on sale, usually at the end of July in my city. 


Read up on this Springtime Beauty on the Canadian Gardening website!

Forsythias: One of the first signs of spring

1 comment: